Thursday, November 10, 2005

Poems

Hello hello hello,

In a posted comment, Darren offered to leave the poem that he wrote for all of us to read if I but mention it in a blog entry.  Well, I’ve decided to one up it.  I too have written a few poems, poems that I’m actually happy with, but I do not have access to them as they are boxed up in a basement nice and snug for their long nap.  So, I would like to extend an invitation to everyone.  If you have written a poem or have a favorite poem and would like to share it with us :-) today is your lucky day.

Since I can’t access my poems as mentioned above, I thought I would start things off with one of my faves.  I’m sure you will recognize it.  I look forward to reading your poems as well.  Enjoy.

The Road Not Taken
Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

6 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very wise very wise

tis true this thing you say
be tempered through and through
be not vain nor falsly humble
and to His words be true
for in His eyes we only find
our worth and value double.

:-)

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

author,
Ken Schrock
Nov 2005

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey ...i probably should've been paying attention to what the teacher was saying but writing this was more fun..haha

before the judge
before the crowd
beneath the whip
beneath the crown
upon the cross
his blood he have
above the world
he died to save
he hurts for us
but never cries
his love for us
it never dies
to pay him back
would be too hard
the pain he suffered
left him scarred
he only askes
one simple thing
we worship him
with everything

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://bpsknndh.com/tled/nugq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://omtgadin.com/ejrw/baqx.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://bpsknndh.com/tled/nugq.html | http://inzinxkp.com/yzvi/tayr.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home